The Alumni Association Scholarship
The mission of the Westfield State Alumni Association is to assist with the outreach to engage alumni with the University; to communicate with alumni regarding activities, benefits and campus information; and to actively support the student experience and fundraising efforts in partnership with the Westfield State Foundation, Inc. and the University.
The Westfield State Alumni Association is governed by an Executive Council comprised of 19 representatives including the Alumni Trustee to the University. The term of office for a council member is three years and may include terms as committee chair, president, past-president and president-elect.
There are 6 committees in the association and each has a focus and strategic priorities to work through each year to bring the best programs, events and activities to our alumni constituents. Please see the committee descriptions below and contact Kathi Bradford in Alumni Relations if you are interested in joining one. You do not have to be an elected member to join most of the committees!
- Academics and Life-Long Learning: This committee assists with events in collaboration with the University’s Office of Academic Affairs, the Division of Graduate and Continuing Education and Community Education. In addition, this committee focuses on the Alumni Travel Program.
- Association Events (Homecoming, Reunions, and Special Events): This committee assists with the development of our annual Homecoming and Reunion programs as well as other large scale alumni focused events based on region, affinity group or other related connection. Alumni leaders of these groups serve on this committee, as well.
- Awards, Scholarship and Recognition: This committee works to recognize outstanding alumni, awards the annual alumni association scholarships and recognizes the work of the Executive Council and other volunteers to the association. (elected members only)
- Development and Marketing: This committee focuses on all aspects of marketing, communications, and development/fundraising. Through work with the offices of Alumni Relations, Development, and Marketing, they create a collaborative effort to reach across our diverse constituent group.
- Membership and Diversity: This committee’s primary role is the recruitment of alumni to serve on the Executive Council and Committees. They are responsible for the election process from August-October, each year. In addition, they assist the Office of Alumni Relations with programming directly focused on the diversity of our alumni association.
- Finance: This committee’s primary role is to manage the funds of the Alumni Association Executive Council. They are responsible for managing the budget and all recommendations to the Executive Council regarding any requests for funding. (elected members only)
For more information, please visit the Westfield State Alumni website at https://www.westfieldalumni.org/